Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sorry, I was busy demolishing my closet.

Over a year has passed. So much has happened. 

I have experienced some of the greatest joys and greatest sorrows I have ever faced. The discovery of a love I never thought possible for myself. The corresponding dissolution of my dearest friendship.

For as long as I can remember, I have believed that a Christian's response to the LGBT community should be love. Just love. Not loving condemnation. Not "love the sinner, hate the sin." By the way, why do people think "love the sinner, hate the sin" is a Biblical principle? Coming to terms with my own homosexuality has only reinforced my intuitions on this matter. (That was my subtle way of coming out to you, blogosphere.)

And still, I have questions. I want to do what is good. I want to live my life in a way that honors God. I want to continue to discover who I am as a beloved child of God, as someone who lives in the freedom offered by Jesus. I want these discoveries to be guided by the Holy Spirit who counsels and accompanies me. I want the wisdom of Scripture to inform the things that my intellectual side claims to be true.

I want to discuss all of these things with others who sincerely seek truth. I am not scared of difficult questions. I want to be diligent in putting prayer and study and feeling into finding answers. Or maybe just pieces of answers. Slowly connecting dots.

None of us know everything. None of us have all the answers. Sometimes this excites me, sometimes this leaves me feeling defeated.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blogs Ash. Thanks for sharing and putting it so elegantly into words.

    Miss you friend.

    ReplyDelete